I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall means . . . General Conference!

Another sign of Fall is the semi-annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  This conference is held twice a year, in October and again in April.  It is a blessed time of year as we get to hear from our inspired church leaders and beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

Our family tradition is to have a General Conference Brunch right before the last session of conference.  We invite other members and friends over and the missionaries to eat and watch conference with us.  Llewellyn sets up the big screen and projector and we prepare a wonderful meal.  This year our brunch included locks and bagels (bagels topped with cream cheese, salmon, onions, and capers), Swedish pancakes, Portuguese sausage mini pizzas, fried rice and bacon/egg/cheese muffins.  We hosted the Kamakas, Tataipos, Ranos, and our missionaries.  After brunch we got our notebooks, laptops, and ipads and everyone was taking notes, posting their favorite quotes, and writing down words of inspiration.  It was great!

Tried a new recipe - Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Bisquits were delicious!
I like to prepare for conference by writing down my questions and things I am struggling with ahead of time.  Then, as I listen to conference, I can recognize the answers more fully.  It never ceases to amaze me that at every conference I receive answers to my personal questions and struggles.  Every single time!!!  This makes me so grateful to belong to a church that has continued revelation and to know that personal revelation is available to all who are worthy!


My goal now is to make some goals based on the revelation I received and apply it into my everyday life!

No comments:

Post a Comment