I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


The Kawa'a 'Ohana, Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day was wonderful! Last night was our Ward Lu'au, in honor or all our mothers in the ward. Just before we left Llewellyn and the kids decided to give me my Mother's Day gifts early - beautiful white roses, a mini rose bouquet, a wonderful card, a Maori jade necklace that symbolizes eternal love and friendship and a laminated song Hiwa wrote for me, comparing me to a butterfly! So special! Woke on Sunday morning to breakfast in bed. Later Kamalani gave me a scrunchie she sewed herself in Home Economics class and I got a big hug and "Happy Mother's Day" from Kamalei. We went to church and the youth sang. I joined with them as the new 1st Counselor in Young Women. It was just beautiful! We had a combined Sunday School program on Mothers. Dad spoke and the Primary sang. So touching! Dinner tonight was prepared by Dad, Llewellyn and Brad - steak, baked potato and hot dogs. Very 'ono! We spent time together and ended the evening early with scripture reading and prayer as a family. I couldn't ask for more. I am so blessed to be a mother and to have the opportunity to raise a few of Heavenly Father's children. Mahalo e ke Akua!

No comments:

Post a Comment