I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, February 15, 2009




Aloha kakou!

Although we've had a website for a few years, we're just getting started with blogging. This is a great way to keep you updated with our 'ohana. We hope you enjoy our posts.

I'll start this one by sharing a bit about our 'ohana and what we believe in.

'Ohana, family is the most important thing in my life! I firmly believe that no other work I do in this life will every compensate for failure in my home. The greatest work I will ever do will be in the walls of my own home. Mahalo e Ke Akua for blessing me with a wonderful husband and four beautiful children.
Our Family Mission Statement

Aloha Ke Akua

God is love.
Our love for God is the foundation of our 'ohana. "We believe in God, the eternal Father and in his son, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghos (First Article of Faith). Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are the foundation we build upon, with Christ as the cornerstone. Attending church weekly, being active in our callings and sharing the good news of the restored Gospel are part of our committment as disciples of Christ.


Aloha Kekahi I Kekahi
Love One Another.
When Jesus was asked which of the commandments was the most important, he said, "As I have loved you, love one another." Our family believes in expressing and showing our love for each other. In the mids of the busyness of life, we lose our way at times, but this Hawaiian value reminds us that life is about loving. We say, "I love you" and we look for ways to show our love for each other.

Aloha 'Aina
Love for our land.
We are blessed to live on Maui, paradise here on earth. We believe that we are stewards of this beautiful land Heavenly Father has blessed us with. Like our kupuna of old, it is important for us to be familiar with our land - know the place names, understand the stories and history and most of all, share it with others. We show our gratitude through malama 'aina, caring for the land.

me ke aloha nui,
ka 'ohana Kawa'a

No comments:

Post a Comment