I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

90th Annual Maui County Fair

Haʻaheo, Ruby, Kamahiwa, Kamalani, and Dystiney

The County Fair is so much fun!  Now that the kiddos are older we can really enjoy our time!  They get to hang out with friends and ride the rides in the Joy Zone while Mom gets to look at the crafts, exhibits, and enjoy food and entertainment.  As I walk around and see all the youth that go to the Fair, I am truly grateful for my children and the lives they lives as examples of the believers.  They have a good influence on the kids they hang out with.  A friend and I were just talking about how important it is that we help our children be the influence instead of being influenced.  I love the fact that their friends choose to hang out with our family!

Piʻikea and I watching Josh Tatofi sing!

I also feel blessed to be able to spend time with my nieces and nephews, who are like my own children and to see the smiles on their faces as they enjoy the Fair, too!  The best part was watching the Hypnotist with them!  Lots of laughter!  

This is Llewellyn's 14th year volunteering at the Fair!  He started in 1998 when Kamalani was at Pūnana Leo preschool.  Even after our children got older, he has chosen to still volunteer his time each year for the entire Fair.  I am so proud of the work he does and his willingness to be a volunteer in our community.  I am also grateful that our community can come together at this annual event and it still feels like a "small town" affair!





No comments:

Post a Comment