I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Eternal Families

It's 12:17 pm on Tuesday, March 13th, 2012.  Tears are flowing, streaming down my face as I sit here in my room.  My family is at the Kona Temple.  My 80 year old Grandmother is going through for the first time and being sealed to my Papa who has been gone now for over 3 years.  In addition, my Mom and Aunty Momi are being sealed to them, along with my Aunty Val, who passed a little over a year ago.  My sister Malia is doing the work for my Aunty Val.  Kamalani did her baptism and confirmation this morning.  Although I am not there physically, I can feel their spirits so strong.  I can't stop crying and giving thanks to my Father in Heaven for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that families truly can be together forever.  Not even physical death can separate us!  This truth brings me the greatest peace and joy beyond measure.  Nothing in this life brings me greater comfort than knowing I am part of an eternal family, joined together through the sealing power.

As I sit here pondering and reflecting, it is as if they are all here with me.  Surrounding me with their unconditional love!  I can feel their joy and the joy!  I firmly believe/know that there are lessons to learn in every difficult situation and everything happens for a reason.  Today, I am assured that not being able to go to the temple has taught me how to bring the temple to my home.  A lesson I really needed to learn.

I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray . . . 
But, for now, I will bring that spirit here
To my earthly home so dear



No comments:

Post a Comment