I'm a Mormon.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Challenges are Blessings . . .

Well, Spring Break has come to an end!  The Monday we have all been dreading is here!  It was a great break.  Didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but we did have a lot of rest, relaxation and family time.  Tried out a few new recipes, got to Blog and Pin, and did some much needed cleaning!  spent some time in the recording studio listening to the kids sing and record.  We attended the St. Patrick's day Youth Dance on Saturday and had a blast dancing, talking, and laughing!

Today actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I started my day at 5:00 am (hit the snooze button a few times) and then decided to read my scriptures BEFORE I did anything else.  It really made a difference in how my morning went.  Although it didn't take away children arguing, nagging them to get ready, and some frazzled moments, I seemed to be able to handle it a whole lot better than usual.  It's been busy, but manageable!  I am so grateful for that.  More importantly, I am grateful for a simple challenge I gave to my Sunday School students yesterday at church.  We had a lesson on Faith and ways we can increase and exercise our faith.  I gave the class and myself a challenge to pray daily (morning and night, before meals, and personal prayers), read scriptures daily, and have a family home evening.  As their teacher, I have to set the example, so it has helped  me reassess my own life and the areas I need to improve.  It's true, the lessons we teach and talks we give are really meant for us the most!  Challenges are blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment