I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The ocean is pristine today, with hues of green and blue.  I watch as the gentle waves wash up on the shore and I am reminded of days when my children were younger.  They would run from the waves that would tickle their toes.  Now, they are surfing those waves, much larger ones, without fear.  Sitting here on the beach has put me in a reflective mood.  How lucky am!  Lucky to have been born on this beautiful island, Maui.  To wake up each morning and see the sunrise and end each day with gorgeous sunsets.  When I look around at my island Maui, it reaffirms my belief that there truly is a God, for only He could create such magnificence.  There have been times when we have thought and seriously considered moving away, to the continent.  On days like this I thank Heavenly Father that we chose to stay.  It isn't easy living on Maui - the economy is tough, living expenses are high, and yes, it would probably be easy financially living on the continent, but the sacrifices seem little when considering the blessings of living here in Hawaii - paradise!  I don't know what the future holds and if one day, we will have to move away, but for now, I will relish every moment with all of my senses and continue to say . . . How lucky am I, to live on Maui! 

No comments:

Post a Comment