I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sabbath Serene . . .

You know, I love going to church.  I look forward to it.  But some Sundays are very special and today was definitely one of those special Sundays.  There was anything specific that happened, I just felt the spirit very strong and left feeling spiritually fed.

My favorite hour is always Relief Society.  There's just something about a group of woman of various ages and diverse backgrounds sitting together discussing the Gospel.  I always find it to be a learning experience for me.  The kupuna (elders) share their thoughts.  The young mothers are juggling a baby on one arm and their scriptures in the other.  Teachers cry as they share their lessons.  Middle-aged women (I guess that include me, now) answer questions and share their experiences while smiling at the younger mothers who are trying to keep their toddler from banging on the piano.  In the midst of such diversity and difference, there is commonality, sisterhood, and love.  It's beautiful!

And of course, the my special sabbath day ended with great company at Sunday Family Dinner.  I went to bed tonight feeling happy and content.  Mahalo ke Akua!

No comments:

Post a Comment