I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

LDS Tech 101

Well, as you can see, I spiced up our blog today!  Since I am home sick and can't do much, I decided to focus on learning more about blogs and how to add your own flare.  I am still learning, but I think I did pretty good so far.

Hi, I'm Luana, and I'm a Mormon!
As I was viewing other blogs to get ideas, I browsed through some LDS blogs.  I noticed that many of them had a gadget that linked to their mormon.org profiles.  I thought this was a great idea!  I had started a mormon.org profile a while back, but never completed it.  I finished it today and now I have a pretty gadget on my blog that you click on and it links my blog readers to my mormon.org profile!  What a great way to spread the Gospel.  The mormon.org profile also allows you to link to your blog, facebook, and twitter.  It's amazing to see how Heavenly Father is using technology to share His Gospel!  Click here to create your profile!

LDS APPS
For those of you who are into phone apps, there are some great LDS apps out there. Here is a list of apps I use and highly recommend - 
  • Gospel Library - provides a vast selection of LDS materials including the full quad of scriptures
  • Scripture A Day - this is a widget that shares a new scripture each day
  • LDS Youth - a wonderful new app with links to youth material and music
  • Mormon Channel - talks, music, radio
The best part of all is that these apps are all FREE!

LDS TOOLBAR
The LDS Toolbar can be downloaded for free.  The toolbar gives you access a wealth of LDS online resources.  In adddition, the search mechanism is filtered so you will never pull up inappropriate sites when doing a search.  You can even listen to BYU Radio and other LDS stations right from your toolbar.  I found it fascinating just browsing through all the LDS sites! Click here to download the toolbar now!

May we all use technology in meaningful ways that help in our efforts to build the kingdom of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment