I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vacation to Kona


I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray
For the temple is the House of God
A place of love and beauty
I'll prepare myself while I am young
This is my sacred duty.

Aloha 'Ohana,

Yes, the Kawa'a family took a nice family vacation to Kona - all 6 of us! We attended the Waiehu Ward Temple Trip. It was a wonderful experience, especially having the Kamalani and Kamalei join Llewellyn and I in the Holy Temple.



In addition to temple work, the children enjoyed the pool at King Kamehameha Hotel. Good grief, they are all papa'a now!


Wednesday night we had a lively church social at the Kona Stake Center. Our children peformed, Bubba sang and the rest of the kids danced hula. They all sang our family favorite - "Little Candle" and "I Am a Child of God" medley. Different church families performed and of course, the Youth did a presentation. Lots of fun, fellowship and 'ono food!





Thursday night we went bowling. This was our Youth Activity. It was a blast! I never saw Llewellyn play so bad - gutter balls were never in his vocabulary (smile). Aue, Daddy may have lost his touch. The best part was watching Aunty Shar bowl so hard she fell flat on her back. I guess I shouldn't say that it was "fun" watching her fall, but she gave us all a good laugh once we knew she was ok. Never saw Wes move so fast and bend down so quickly to help her! (smile)

On Friday we went "holoholo". Yes, the Kawa'a family drove to Hilo via Saddle Road to visit our best friends and 'ohana - Punawai and Hokulani. We miss them so much and it was so great to spend time with them. Of course, we met at Kuhio Grille - 'ono, 'ono, 'ono!!! Then Punawai joined us on a tour of the Volcanoe. The kids really enjoyed learning more about this wahi pana, the Lava Tube was a highlight and they loved the steam vents as well. The drive back was so lovely via Hamakua. I stayed awake the whole time reminiscing, absorbing the beauty around me and of course, the highlight, daydreaming of my retirement in Waimea (big smile).

So many spiritual experiences and family bonding. I couldn't ask for a better vacation with my best friends in the whole world - my husband and children!

Mahalo e ke Akua - you have richly blessed us!

No comments:

Post a Comment